Why was Geotub a good formwork solution for Beaumonts Railway Bridge in Auckland
by Nikola Tosic, 14 November 2016
Geotub, our reusable formwork system in ABS technopolymer for circular and oval columns, was recently used for Beaumonts Railway Bridge in Manurewa, Auckland (New Zealand).
Our product perfectly lent itself for this project and stood out among other solutions for 5 reasons:
- Low weight: the maximum weight per element is 11 Kg, so it can be easily handled in the construction site without the use of cranes;
- Strength: it resists to a fresh concrete pressure of up to 80kN/m²;
- Simplicity: it is so intuitive to use that virtually no product-specific training is required before starting to work with it;
- Durability: the useful lifetime is of at least 100 pours;
- Fast installation: the time required to erect a column formwork can be as short as 15 minutes, thanks to the universal fixing pins which lock the panels with an easy 90° rotation.