Top 5 questions about Geoplast Formworks
by Nikola Tosic, 28 June 2017
Which standards does the system meet?
Geoplast Formwork Systems were developed within an ISO9001 certified organization, and performance is rated according to the relevant European standards:
DIN 18218:2008: Pressure of fresh concrete on vertical formwork;
EN 206-1 Concrete – Part 1: Specification, performance, production, and conformity;
DIN 1045: Guideline Concrete, reinforced and prestressed concrete structures.
Are plastic formworks environmentally safe?
Geoplast reusable Formworks are made of ABS (Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene polymer), with some elements and accessories made of polyamide (Nylon). These polymers are non-toxic, chemically stable, resistant to most chemicals and are not attacked or corroded by elements and pests.
An MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) is available for each component, stating that:
– This product does not meet the definition of a hazardous material given in CEE 1999/45 and subsequent amendments;
– The product is environmentally friendly as made of recycled plastic.
The relevant MSDS will be provided on request.
Can the system be customized?
Geoplast manufactures Formwork Systems which include a catalog of different modular parts. All available parts can be assembled in a very large number of combinations, allowing the user to build his own formwork without having to alter or modify anything.
Which is the maximum pour height/admissible pour rate?
Geoplast Formwork is rated up to 80 kN/m2 fresh concrete pressure. Under normal conditions, this always allows a pour height of 3 m in a single lift (up to 6 m for Geotub circular formwork). The admissible pour rate and height are calculated according to DIN 18218:2008 (Pressure of fresh concrete on vertical formwork).For detailed indications please check the Geoplast Technical Manual for your product of choice.
Do Formworks resist to intense heat and cold temperatures?
The material has proved its durability in operating conditions ranging from -30°C to +70°C.
Find out more about Geoplast Formworks Solutions:
- Geopanel, reusable formwork system in ABS technopolymer for walls;
- Geopanel Star, reusable adjustable columns formwork in ABS technopolymer;
- Geotub, reusable formwork system in ABS technopolymer for circular and oval columns;
- Geotub Panel, reusable formwork system in ABS technopolymer for square and rectangular columns.