Marramiero Winery used Geoplast Drainroof for their roof garden
by Nikola Tosic, 22 March 2017
Extensive roof garden of Marramiero winery, in Abruzzo, Italy.
Marramiero winery is in the province of Pescara, in Abruzzo, Italy, at the foot of Gran Sasso Mountain. It produces wines of excellence, as Montepulciano and Trebbiano d’Abruzzo. Recently it was subject to a significant expansion to increase the areas for vinification, bottling and storage of wine. On this occasion it was also created a 2600 m² extensive roof garden with wide paved paths, to host events.
Geoplast Drainroof, high-performance green roof drainage board, was the perfect solution for this project. It is a drainage and accumulation element for the creation of roof gardens on slabs and plates made of concrete. Drainroof offers a high rainwater disposal capability, avoiding stagnation and protecting the waterproofing layer.
Installation of Geoplast Drainroof, which acts both as water-storage and drainage layer.
Drainroof high load capacity allows the creation of any type of roof garden. The panels of two different heights, 6 and 2.5 cm, allow the ventilated crawl space to grow and they also help to limit the coverage thickness.
Roof gardens offer many benefits:
- Sheath protection from sudden temperature changes, UV rays, and atmospheric agents;
- Lowering of the run-off peaks, as a roof garden absorbs the 50% of rainwater, lowering the quantity to be disposed in the urban sewer;
- Microclimate regulation, through the evaporation and evapotranspiration of the absorbed water;
- Increase of the energy profit of building’s coating;
- Increase of the photovoltaic profit, thanks to the maintenance of a more stable temperature;
- Thermal and acoustic insulation.
Both the client and Impernovo, the Company in charge of the work, were very satisfied with the final result and the reliability of Geoplast product.